MY FIRST 2008 ‘KAD RAYA’


Thursday 11/09/2008 3.00p.m.

Nasuha, my best friend during school time mailed me a Raya card. It was the first card that I received this year. Together with the card, she compiled an Arabic speech entitled “As-saumu wa Dauruha fi Tahziibin Nafsi” (Fasting and its advantages in guiding a person). Yes, I called her a few days before, asking for the speech as I have to deliver a speech on fasting during breaking fast ceremony which will be organised by Persatuan Mahasiswa Hadhari (PMH) this Sunday at 6 p.m. Well, as I am the only one who graduated from Arabic school, I was chosen automatically to talk on stage in Arabic. Surely, I was forced by PMH members. Unwillingly, I must go through this becoming terrible moment although I have actually forgotten many things about Arabic sentence structure and meanings. But, I hope that I will be blessed and read it as a native speaker (it is impossible indeed). The most crucial wish is, ‘I hope the audience will understand’.

No comments:

Post a Comment