Segmen bloglist Oct & Nov'18 by zzzyy.blogspot.com
Let's join this guys!
Feel free to click on the banner.
Washing Baby Alive Curly Hair
Bagaimanakah cara untuk mencuci rambut patung Baby Alive yang jenis kerinting?
If your little angel loves to play with a doll, its hair will get frizzy over time.
...and it gets frizzier and crazier if you don't wash it regularly.
This is how I restore Baby Alive's curly hair.
It is so easy.
The example given today is Baby Alive -My Baby Alive 2010.
I usually use any type of shampoo and conditioner which I can get in the bathroom.
Wash the doll's hair as if you are washing a baby's hair.
Yes...with great and gentle care especially when you are washing a battery-operated doll.
You must remove all the batteries before hand.
After washing, rinse the hair well with water.
For good results, you can soak its hair in
about 2 cups of water with 1 cup of fabric softener.
Leave it for about 1 hour or more.
Then, you can dry the hair using a towel.
Beware that a lot of water will technically get into the doll's head,
through the threading holes on her head.
Make sure to always hold the doll upside down. Always!
You can also tie its legs and hang it anywhere high (upside down of course) to let it dry.
This sounds scary but it works.
This is to let the water slowly drip through the holes where it comes from.
Well, you don't want to let the water get into the speaker inside the doll's body.
So, please be careful.
After everything looks dry inside and out,
comb the doll's hair...gently but with loads of efforts.
The hair will stuck many times. Yup, annoying.
Finally, use a marker pen or anything similar to roll the hair.
It is like magic! Simply roll some and it becomes curly.
You don't even need to use the curling tools.
Isn't it adorable????
For your information, you can follow these steps
to wash other Baby Alive dolls' hair too....
especially BA Real Surprises Baby 2006 (soft-face)
because her hair is kind of curly too.
How to Repair a Baby Alive doll
This is a Baby Alive - My Baby Alive 2010
One of my nieces loves to play with this doll.
This is her favorite. Probably because this one looks like her.
We call this doll 'Lola'.
She loves to give Lola drinks using a sippy cup
which is of course a real sippy cup for toddlers.
Hence, the water flow of this sippy cup is a lot and fast.
So, one day, when my niece was giving Lola some water
using this sippy cup,
she accidentally poured a lot of water into Lola's eyes.
Yes, Lola was drinking while laying on a potty train.
After a while, Lola stopped talking.
She couldn't talk anymore.
I was confident that this happened because of the water.
The speaker might be wet or somehow water-soaked.
The water was also leaking through ridiculous spots
such as through the speakers holes, legs, neck, arms.
So I decided to open the doll....
since I have done this before...for another BA doll
called Baby All Gone 2009 which you can click here to see.
I found out that the tube was broken.
So not only the speaker got wet from the water poured through her eyes,
but also through this old and broken tube.
FYI, the same thing has happened to my Baby All Gone 2009 too!
So I figured, if the water is leaking through ridiculous parts of the doll's body,
its tube might be broken somewhere, from being too old.
I used a bag of rice to absorb moisture in the speaker.
I did that by removing the speaker from its socket
and let it sit in a plate of raw rice.
...like as if I buried the speaker in the rice overnight.
I left it there for the whole day and night.
Many people do not believe this method,
but it worked to fix my problem. Lucky.
The next morning, Lola talked as soon as I pressed her wristband!!!
After that, I proceeded to the next mission.
Changing Lola's tube.
FYI, I already have the new silicone tube...
the leftovers from repairing the previous BA Baby All Gone.
I bought it at a hardware store near my house
for RM1 per meter. So cheap!
But before that, I managed to clean the clogged food around Lola's neck.
I used wet ear tips to wipe it out.
I tightened the ON/OFF switch too.
Then, I had to use a small knife to get rid of the old tube
which was originally glued to Lola's bottom... as you can see the yellow arrow.
This was also to discard any excessive old glue.
I attached the new tube into its socket, Lola's bottom.
It looks like this. But not as easy as it seems in the picture.
This type of new tube is smaller than the socket which
made me feel annoyed
when I tried to get it attached to the doll's bottow.
As for Lola's neck, I had to cut a piece of old pipe
(which is bigger than the new one),
to join the socket and new tube together.
So this is the trick! Don't throw the old tube away
for it might be useful for this matter.
I placed the speaker back at its original slot and screwed it tight.
I put some tissues everywhere, just for fun.
I mean, to prevent any leaking in the future.
Hoping that these tissues will absorb any lost water
before it gets to the speaker again!
Before I closed everything back, I gave it a test...
Using the sippy cup I mentioned earlier,
the water seemed to flow well through this new tube.
I was so happy at that time, looking the water get out
from the doll's bottom.
It shows everything will be normal again! LOL...
So, that'sit for today.
I hope this entry helps you
if you're having such problems with your BA dolls.
OTHER POSTS on
How I repaired/restored Baby Alive dolls:
Water leaking/no sound
Water leaking (changing broken tube)
Washing Baby Alive curly hair
Fixing Baby Alive frizzy and crazy hair