Black & Gold Birthday Card

I am invited to a birthday party....the birthday-girl-to-be is my friend's niece. She's becoming 5-year-old cute girl and loves Barbie dolls so much. But her birthday party this year is not going to be 'pink world', but Black & Gold. Wow! So glamorous!
And so, I made this fancy yet simple birthday card to her. I just finished it a while ago. It was quite challenging to play with these two colours. However, I ended up with this (after so much viewing the experts' blogs)....A dress!! Yes...to represent what the girl might wear on that day.
I was using golden crepe paper to make a big flower, and used a big button on it...I love buttons very much.

And at one corner of the card, I put three golden roses...the easiest flower paper ever, and the cutest!

With this card, I joined Lace, Ribbon & Button challenge on http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.com/ and managed to be in Top 3.

Diary.Nie's Gallery

5 comments:

  1. WOW Your card is gorgeous!! I love the little yellow dress:-) Thanks so much for playing at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. u got the 1st place kan? cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen = Thanks a lot, enjoy the challenge so much! Wishing the DT in the pink of health and create more wonderful ideas.
    Teacher Jessy = Thanks...u can make it too...
    Alia = No, it's juz TOP 3 out of 44. See u around, ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so beautiful card..i want too..>",<

    ReplyDelete