Xinnian Kuaile & Gongxi Facai

26/1/2009 Monday

“Mei tiao da jia jie xiao xiang, mei ge ren di zui li,

Jianmian diyi ju hua, jiu shi gongxi, gongxi,

Gongxi, gongxi, gomhxi ya, gongxi, gongxi, gongxi ni”



I am grateful to live in Malaysia, a harmonious multicultural country.


Today is Chinese New Year. Even though I am a Malay girl and my religion and beliefs are thoroughly different, I can also feel the benefit of sharing the same land with many other races. What I always hunt for from this festival are….ORANGES! We cannot discover such kind of oranges during normal months or days. We need to wait until Chinese New Year season. The oranges are sold everywhere, uniquely packed in variety of red boxes.


To all my Chinese lecturers especially Dr. Bernadette Foo, Dr Chai Moo Hung and Mdm. Teo Ai Min, I wish you all:


“Happy Chinese New Year”


No comments:

Post a Comment