TURN INTO A NEW LEAF....


The correct idiom is "Turn over a new leaf".
Definition:
It means to start a new way of doing things (especially in your life) which is better than before.


But i use ''turn into a new leaf" to sound ridiculously devastated and rebellious. What I mean is, as if I were an old leaf, counting days to fall on the ground and be forgotten, then I wished to magically turn into a totally new one (despite dying), stay strong with the other leaves....seeking for the mighty Sun to grow greener and more mature, shading the humans who are resting under this tree of life.

Well, this began when my friend told me that now i'm not like who i used to be during Asasi TESL time (July2007-July2008) anymore. 

is it true? 

i didn't realise it, but actually it is. it is not an exultant for me to be thrown here...i mean, this is Puncak Perdana, a totally new place, doing my first degree. The name of this place is quite impressive but does it really look like it is?

oh dear....... i miss my fellow old friends so much. i always keep mentioning this. WHY? i think there's no doubt to accurately announce that I MISS MY PREVIOUS CAMPUS LIFE!!!

No! life must go on. let bygones be bygones....

So i must turn into a new leaf. i don't want to stuck here, daydreaming about what i am supposed to not bring it back on my mind.

help me...........A.D.A.P.T! yes...it is the best way to be. let it be this way! i have chosen the right path.....

Let God show me the light!

******************************************************

The following text is my original post. This is my very first post I wrote when I started blogging on 4 August 2008. I started blogging as a requirement of an English Language class I joined during my first year of my first degree. Everyone in the class had to create a blog, so I did too. It is funny that now I can see I made a lot of mistakes then. And this text, I believe, is so precious for I can see how I have developed as a writer in the past eight years. Well, of course, even now I still present my words in the simplest way which every level of English language users can understand. Otherwise, nobody will read my blog...hahaha.


TURN INTO A NEW LEAF....

my friend told me that i'm not like who i was used to behave during Asasi TESL. was it true? i don't realise it, but actually it is. it is not an exultant for me to have been based here...i mean, Puncak Perdana. the name is quite impessive but does it really look like it is? oh dear.......i miss my fellow old friends so much. i always keep mentioning this. WHY? i think there no doubt to accurately announce that I MISS MY PREVIOUS CAMPUS LIFE!!! No! life must go on. let gone be by gone....i must turn into a new leaf. i don't want to stuck here, daydreaming about what i am supposed to not bring it back on my mind. help me...........ADAPT! yes...it is the best way to be. let it be this way! i have chosen the right path.....let God shows me the light!

No comments:

Post a Comment