My 20th Birthday...

23rd December 2009 Wednesday

I’ve never missed my birthday party. It’s not necessarily grand and great…sometimes it flows as plain as having a no-topping-cake or no-candle-cake. To be appreciated by people I love; is perfectly enough. I come from a family culture which appreciates a birth date as an important day in someone’s life, although it is not so much vital to some family cultures. In relation to that matter, we consider a birthday celebration as an event, a festival or an occasion; so it must be respected by the whole family members. It is a gathering day, of course. Sometimes, it becomes more memorable than any other family occasions. Today is my birthday. I am now 20 years old. Usually, we bought a readymade cake, so that we didn’t have to trouble ourselves much in preparing the party. However, my mother wanted to make a change in this tradition. She bought 20 cupcakes and a simple fruit cake. I had to decorate the cupcakes myself.They looked terrible but the taste was as such delicious as my sweat and tears…daaa! Well, never mind! The relatives had so much fun enjoying the cakes and a simple dinner. First, thank you to my mother who has troubled herself so much; going to shop while I was still sleeping on my bed. Thanks for the presents! NIKE bag, (Yan-cousin) Body Glove bag pack and shirts (my mother), Sarawak cake (my father), Dolly blouse, Garfield pillow, a teddy bear (from Kak Dina-cousin), pocket money (Mama-grandmother) and bla bla… Kak Ain (housemate) gave me a Teddy-Pink Hippo…So cute! The most special gift was from my only uncle....a bottle of soy sauce, a sauce container and RM10. I just can't live without soy sauce. Thanks to all my friends who made wishes via SMS!...Fatin, Cak, Kak Farha, Kak Ain, Nasuha from Alexandria, Alia, Azmir, Mun’im from Egypt, Kak Tira & Coozy (who share the same birth date with me), and my father (Luckily, he remembered my special day and brought back a Sarawak cake which I love much)…hahaha. Let’s pray for our peacefulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment