honeymoon life in campus...

Updated on 24/09/2008 1:03p.m.

It is a popular belief that it is great to be young. My older friends keep reminding me that this is the best time of my life. They urge me to enjoy my campus life which they describe as the ‘honeymoon’ days. I can think of several reasons why people consider campus life as the best time of their lives.

To start with, we have a lot of friends in our campus. It is hard to feel lonely when we are surrounded by so many people. There is always someone to do things with, such as studying, doing assignment, playing games and outing as well. I suppose this situation of having company all the time will not happen again when we have graduated.


Furthermore, I find my life here is not restrictive; comparing to my previous schooldays. There are not too many rules to follow. I am sorry to say this; I am not an obedient person but I manage to survive in a campus peacefully. We can say that students have a major problem with punctuality. We will discover that some lecturers are too authoritative. But in my schooldays, the rules were strictly followed and surely I got into trouble often. I had been punished because of coming late to school. Yes, I was used to stand hours in the middle of my school field with some friends. Today, I am proud to have this amazing experience.

The next pleasure is undergraduates have only a few responsibilities. All our needs are guaranteed by our loans or scholarships. There is delicious food provided in three dining halls, weekly credits (to buy food at dining halls) and even some luxuries like washing machines.

To our lucky, here, some lectures spoil us with notes and we do not even have to think very hard as they are so anxious to help us pass our examination.

In spite of all this, I am not sure my campus life is the best days of my world. I am not that happy and I think you can guess of a main reason for my unhappiness.

The only reason is, I hate stress of doing assignments and having tests. There are too many of them in the Malaysian education system. We ourselves have already been through a mountain of tasks and will seat for another final examination at the end of the semester. Moreover, some of us have weekly tests and homework. Therefore, campus life brings tiredness itself.

I hope that the best time of my life is yet to come. I think the best moment will be when I have gone through all the semesters. Frankly speaking, it is unnecessary to work and be financially independent while we are still studying. Let your scholarships or PTPTN to look after you. I myself am supported by my beloved parents. Only then we will have a special part of our life. Cool….

No comments:

Post a Comment