Lokching in the UK


This is my first attempt of making lokching / sate ikan (fish satay).
I referred to a few recipes on Google...
I used two tins of tuna flakes (185gm x 2).
Unfortunately, it didn't turn out well
because I accidentally poured too much water in the batter.
So, I had to use more tapioca flour.

But the tapioca flour that I bought was not enough,
so I decided to add wheat flour instead.
The batter turned into a weird mixture.....

I turned the batter into countless tiny little balls...
and fried them on pan, with some olive oil.
Then, I stuck them with bamboo sticks.
They were grilled before serving.

DONE

The sauce was weird too.
I used maize (corn) flour, instead of tapioca flour.
The sauce became a jelly or pudding kind of thing.

Above all, they were not that bad, edible....Thank GOD.


9 comments:

  1. xjadi sgt, x rasa ikan...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahh baru tau lokcing bole buat sendiri

    ReplyDelete
  3. tp rasa x sama, x pandai wat...xsedap. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mybe next time kena kurangkan tepung baru rasa ikannya tu hihi,, rajin nya buat satay ikan,,nampak sedapp hihi

    ReplyDelete
  5. haah...kena cuba lagi next time. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. ehehehe biasa tu aad hoc masuk macam2 time bahan tak ckup.. lepas tu pelik gelabah =P but if it turned out well sedap dimakan alaaa bedal je..

    ReplyDelete