An Odyssey to 'Kuala Lumpur'........

Friday 6/2/2009


Everybody was bloody excited to go to Kula Lumpur for free! We, LGB 2A, were invited to attend a ‘majlis kebudayaan’ somewhere in KL. Well, we did not intend to know further about the destination and purpose. All we knew was “we are going to have a free merry ride to KL”. Surely, a bus would be provided…..hurm….

The bus was coming!!! Hooray!!! We were waiting for it with a mountain of patience.


Suddenly, Kak Hanis, the big boss of this journey came with her gloomy red face.


“What’s up?”

“Where is the bus you promised?”

“Is the invitation still valid?”

“Are we really going to KL?”

“I have dressed amazingly and don’t tell me the trip is cancelled!”


These were the questions thrown to Kak Hanis.


“Sorry, it is cancelled”.


AAAArrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What an embarrassment! I did not want to walk back home. What would my housemates say? I would be the laughing stock for the rest of my life!!! The others thought the same.


This was not a statement we waited for! Well, life is all about ups and downs. Every cloud has a silver lining. This could not break our strength of having a fieldtrip. Who cares about the trip to KL anymore? We have other places to go by using our

beloved Rapid KL lah!!!! Who cares???!!! We are

independent!!! In life, there is always a plan B…..



We ended up by switching our mind to “a journey to Plaza Alam Sentral”.


Here we began!


Alia, Tun, C-Nah, Masitah, Farha, Ain Jannah, Malia, Lat, Azwan, Azrina and me.

We all eleven were waiting for a bus……


Suddenly, Masitah changed her mind and chose to disjoin the group. She has a meeting to attend tonight, the same meeting as Alia has. We were all ten.


After a while, Latfi – our class captain – was surrender. He was too lazy to wait for anymore second. He assumed that the bus wouldn’t be coming. Then he left us after saying “take care”.


Then, Azwan forcefully followed him. Oh, dear! How could you all give up before going to battle?

I also planned to give up. But Tun and Ain wanted to go. Malia said, “I will wait until 7.30 p.m. only”


However, in returns of our great patience, here the bus came! UiTM bus. It was already 7.20 p.m. after waiting for a half century. “Here we go!”


Azrina had done a stunt in the bus. The bus was terribly shaking and so she almost fell down while we were taking pictures. I presume that she might be too excited to be in the picture.


We arrived at PKNS in thirty minutes later. It was already dark.


The first place we headed to was surau. It was already maghrib time.


After that, we continued our journey to Plaza Alam Sentral, which is located behind PKNS.


“Here we are!”


The place was jovially greeting us as it knew that we chose it instead of Kuala Lumpur.


We dropped at Speedy to look for CDs. Actually; I was the person who promoted them to go there. I wanted to buy a CD. But it is sold in a set of 3 CDs, for RM10.00. It was stock clearance. I wanted one CD only. So, I persuaded Latfi and Hasinah to buy another two CDs, so that I could have one out of three; with a great price of RM3.33 per CD. Hahaha…..then we bought three CDs and each of us got one. What an amazing pleasure of having friends! People say; “united we strong, divided we weak”.


Do you know what kind of CD we bought? This is my CD. Have a look!


Let’s go back to the story. Our stomachs were all singing rock and roll. The journey made us starving. Well, we found a restaurant. I forgot its name, but it is exactly located in front of Bee’s, a bakery. You can see the bakery as you walk into Plaza Alam Sentral using the main entrance, next to Dunkin Donuts. Am I making myself clear? Yes, isn’t it?


Well, we were like a jakun group of kids who were having an outing for the first time. (And surely, the kids are from a sort kindergarten in a secret jungle, in Amazon. Or, they might be from other world in another galaxy).


We sat at one of a pleasant corner. At the moment, Malia and Ain went to ATM machine, withdrawing some money (Unfortunately, both of them refused to treat us). Three tables were combined as we were ten all together. There were no other people in the restaurant. However, it seemed like there were myriad Orang Utan kids in the restaurant. I did not know what we were talking about. What a noisy place, the restaurant became!


To my horror, the foods we ordered were deliciously expensive. I think, the pans we used were all imported from Italy. They served our food in several little pans. Wow! “I don’t think I like it”.

They were all movable! We had to hold the ear of the pans, so we could eat our food. They were making our meals terrible and hard to eat. Overall, the foods were appealing. Except for C-nah’s wantan mee. Hahaha….it wasn’t tasty at all! Pity her.


At the same time, we took photographs again and again. Azwan’s face forcefully made us practicing yoga laughter, which was presented by Farha in class, last semester. He looked innocent on all the pictures.


The most unforgettable experience was always on my side. Yes, it was an embarrassing moment indeed. To begin with, I went to the cashier. I have RM90.00 in my hand. We used Alia’s and C-Nah’s money first. Well, the cashier took a long time to count the bill. Never mind, I waited. Then the bill popped out on the screen. It was RM119.53. The money was obviously not enough. Then I took RM20 from C-Nah, assuming that it would be enough. To my embarrassment, the cashier said I needed another RM10. I was not a good Mathematician at the moment. Poor me! Then I went back again to our table and took RM10 note from Lat. “Here I go!”….. It was settled!


Then, we rushed to PKNS bus stop. We were looking for T605. After waiting for decades, we crossed the road and took a bus from the other roadside. We went to Section 2 (bus station) and stayed in the same bus. While waiting for the bus to move and take us home, we took some pictures again! What a happy family!


The bus moved. We went back to Perdana Heights Hostel, keeping a lot of memories in our heart. We arrived exactly at 11.00 o’clock. We happily walked in with a plenty of stories to remember……..


-the end-


p/s: More pictures will be coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment